Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

LCD menu programming for 16F877

Status
Not open for further replies.

kukac24

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi

I'd like to make a program for menu structure for 16F877 with an 2 lines LCD, on wich I could select and modify some parameters with push buttons.
Have some sample code somebody?

Hi,
Try yourself if u r familiar with 877. It is very simple. Which LCD r u using?
4 or 8 datalines?
Thanks
Gladis

Hi!

I use 4bit datalines. A can already write caracters to the LCD, but I can't imagine, how can I change the menu lines with push buttons and change values in the menus.

THX :)

Hi,
Sorry for a late reply. Ok, now if u can do writing characters to LCD, no matter it is a 4 line or 8 line interface.
First of all, if u r using assembly language programminbg it is very difficult to do ur job (Plez clarify). I think u r having a 2 line display. If so u have 0x80 as ur first line address and 0xC0 as ur second line address. If u r going to display a menu, for example; "Display settings" and u have an "Enter" key for entering that menu then u have to display "Display settings" in first line, then, when an enter key is pressed u can simply display the sub menu in second line. If u have more than one sub menus , then use two keys for up and down function. If a down key is pressed, simply display " "(16 spaces) then display ur second sub menu and so on.

Really, it is a teadious task

Good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.