Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

LCD display with 12-keypad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eng.AH

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi,

Please guys

I am stucking with a picbasic code,

any one can help me to find an convenint code for 16f877A to interface the serial 12-keypad with 2×16 LCD display?????????????????????

THANKS .

Hi,

Cannot help you with the Basic - I thought one of things with the higher languages was that they came with pre-coded modules for such things.

Just wondered, if you do not mind me asking, why you are using the more expensive serial keypads when a cheap direct keypad can readily be run by the 877 ?

Again do not know why you chose Basic , am sure you know Assembler and C have many more followers and code examples.

This assembler tutorial has all the code and diagrams for such a direct keypad and lcd - might just be a better direction for you ..?

http://www.winpicprog.co.uk/pic_tutorial.htm

Eng.AH

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
oOo What's a 12-keypad? haha (You're referring to 4x3 eh?)
cheap direct keypad - wp100
sounds easier to use :p
If a direct keypad, LCD 16x2 and 877A in basic, I might be able to help.
Serial keypad..hmmm

wp100 said:
Hi,

Again do not know why you chose Basic , am sure you know Assembler and C have many more followers and code examples.

http://www.winpicprog.co.uk/pic_tutorial.htm

Well.. simply, I found a code in basic for driving 877A to read oven temp. using MAX. That's why I'm searching for a basic code for driving the 12 keypad even for the 4×3 keypad. If I can a mikroC code to read the oven temp. and to drive the keypad and the lcd, then I should be grateful to you wp100.

Hi,

Afraid I only do Assembler, so cannot help with any C or Basic.
Out of interest, can you please point me in the direction of that whole project.

Think you might find it worth while if you settle for one language and learn that properly - you can then code projects as you want and not waste time trying to make other bits of other projects work together. ( if I can do it anyone can ! )

Have helped a few get going with assembler - just a few tips and a little bit of guidance is all thats needed - I usually send some starter code that actually displays onto the lcd - seeing the display working usually encourages folk to experiment more for themselves and so quicky start to learn.

Eng.AH

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
wp100 said:
Hi,

Afraid I only do Assembler, so cannot help with any C or Basic.

OK... the assemb. code can be added to the basic code using a statment

asmb.. end asmb.

my whole project is about a controlled oven.

The user should enter 10 points through the 12 keypad and additional 4 push

buttons arrows. each point consist of (Time, Temp). these points should be saved

in the PIC and displyed in the lcd. Then excuted by the user to make a profile

oven.

may the image explaine more!!

Hi,

Sorry do not think I can help there.

Seems a poor way of doing things, mixing and trying to match other peoples code from different compliers - think using you own full code will give better results for you in the long run.

Status
Not open for further replies.