Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

LCD Connection problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

anandpv2009

Advanced Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,
I want to connect my LCD to PORT A of my pic16f84 mc but i think the connection is only possible through port B...But my port B is reserved for interrupts..

There is no restriction in connecting any port to LCD. You can use PORT A to connect LCD

Nandhu

but please post the program in ccs....i now to do this with mikroC but i don't know how with ccs

Hi! no problem u can use PORTA for your LCD but keep this in mind that Pin RA4 is multiplexed with the Timer0 module clock input to become the RA4/T0CKI pin. did u consider this? if this help tell me.

a 44780 compatible lcd need 6 I/O lines for comunication (D4,D5,D6,D7,E,RS). PortA of 16F84 have only five.

I know friends and i also did it mith mikroC but i need the code in CCS and i don't know whether CCS lcd.c driver support other port or not please post code if you know...

Thanks.

Search on WEB for LCD flex driver for your pin assignment .

Status
Not open for further replies.