Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

LCD clock with RGB backlight

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vermes

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points

It is a design of a clock with LCD display based on Bascom. The clock has the following features:
  • setting the time (with an accuracy to hours and minutes)
  • setting the days of a week
  • setting the date (including leap years every four years)
  • alarm which can be set separately for each day of a week, you can also decide if you want the alarm to be enabled for each day separately
  • visual effects: LEDs (you can select RGB backlight in one of the following modes: disable, rainbow effect (smoothly changing backlight), discrete colour effect (different colours changing with no rainbow effect), red, green, blue, violet, pink, yellow, orange, white, you can also enable/disable the backlight of the LCD display
  • change time (you can decide whether you want the clock to automatically switch the winter and summer time – auto and manual mode

While setting time, alarm and date, function of „intelligent button” is enabled – by holding down the button, you rapidly increase the value.

There are four buttons:
  1. for transition to the next section in menu. When you go to the end of menu, you return to the main screen with day of a week displayed in the left upper corner, date in the right upper corner, time in the bottom; this button is used for deleting the alarm when the alarm sounds
  2. for setting the hour, day of a week (turn up), day of a month, hour of the alarm, selection of LED backlight (turn up), change time from summer to winter (changes auto to manual and reversively)
  3. for setting the minutes, day of a week (turn down), month, minute of the alarm, selection of LED backlight (turn down), changing time from summer to winter (changes auto to manual and reversively)
  4. for setting the year, enabling/disabling the alarm for the certain day, enabling/disabling the LCD backlight, starting snooze when the alarm sounds

Housing was made of plexiglass, so backlight by RGB diodes looks nice. There is an empty inside box painted in the front of the frame so that it covers green board of the LCD display module.

LINK

Link to original thread - *Zegar LCD z podświetleniem RGB

its gr8 , i think , i too gonna make this type with 16f876 coz i have hundreds of them in my spare box
by the way nice idea

Status
Not open for further replies.