Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] Lcd backlight control with button

Status
Not open for further replies.

shahbaz.ele

Advanced Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Dear all
I am using 16x2 LCD with ATmega32 microcontroller.
I need to save my power so I want that LCD back light should remain OFF during day time and when it is needed I should have switch to ON it.
the two intrrupts are busy in my circuit.
can I add a button (ON-OFF switch for it directly connected to 15 and 16 pin with supply.

LCD backlight could be ON and OFF with a switch directly, but it is not recommended you have to write a programme through third intrrupt nad add transistor to ON back light.

shahbaz.ele said:
the two intrrupts are busy in my circuit.
I don't see a reason why an interrupt should be used. You could do that with polling method, that is read it every some ms and debounce it. Actually I think it is better this way. You are OK without interrupt don't worry about it.

LCD backlight could be ON and OFF with a switch directly, but it is not recommended you have to write a programme through third intrrupt nad add transistor to ON back light.

why not? could you please explain in detail..

@kamranravian, can you explain why switching backlight with a switch is not recommended?

As for the interrupts, the interrupts are powerful weapon in uC's so should not be wasted for silly things.

ZASto thanks for your comments
I mean to say normally you should use uC for switching BL.
you can also directlly do by on-off button.

Status
Not open for further replies.