Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

layout problem in CADENCE tool

Status
Not open for further replies.

pgoyal

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello
My design of LNA is working fine when i am running schematic. I am naive at layout drawing in cadence tool. When i draw a transistor from tsmc library it brings out a big transistor say 40u with 8 fingers by default. I had also shorted its source (Ring) to PSUB. DRC is running fine but while extraction
error message "Figure causing multiple stamped connection"
can u please suggest the remedy
TIA

"Multi stamp error ' occurs when all the gnd or vdd connections are not shorted . So check all the gnd connections are shorted or not.

U will get this type of errors when ur P-sub strate is at different potentials.To avoid this error u need to connect all the substrate contacts to the ground properly.

regards ,
vijay

Hi,
Which tool you are using for LVS and Extraction. What you meant by LNA.
Thanks & Regards,
Shiva.

I'm having the same problem with my layout.
How to connect the substrate contacts to ground ? Don't really get it. Can elaborate?

crystal said:
I'm having the same problem with my layout.
How to connect the substrate contacts to ground ? Don't really get it. Can elaborate?

Use an M1-P contact. Put several of these throughout the substrate to make sure it is at the same potential everywhere. Connect all of them to Vss.

i need ncsu library can u sen it to me

Added after 1 minutes:

or make a link here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back