Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronic Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.
the layout of passive devices should be very well matched.
for resistors,place dummies at the ends.this eliminates the any process variation caused by etching.
resistor interconnects should be matched perfectly.
all resistors should be kept with in guard ring .
make capacitors in a array.
try to make in square .
1. width should be large enough to reduce the impact of etching variation, but not too large to be area consuming.
2. too long L style should be changed to multiple segments with moderate length.
1. be careful about the parasitic cap. Matching means equal poly caps values and parasitics.
2. metal connected onto the cap can add parasitc cap between poly and connection metal. Make sure metal connection style is the same for two caps to be matched.
3. small dummy caps is recommended to be added around the cap group.