Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Layout of a very long transistor

Status
Not open for further replies.

analog_ambi

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,
I have a transistor of very long length! w/l=1u/40u. How do I layout? As a single block or as a series of small transistors.

Some say series is good as it will match the models well
Some say at low currents there can be noise injection in the middle transistors in series connection.

My current level is in nanoamps. So i m confused. How do low power circuit designers do such layout?

... Some say series is good as it will match the models well

I think you picked the right point. But if you don't need high accuracy results from the analysis, a single long transistor will work quite well -- if it's allowed by your PDK simulation models.

There should be no difference in noise injection for both methods, as long as you use a single common bulk node. Serial transistors with their own bulk nodes (S=B, each in its own well) would possibly catch more noise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back