Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronic Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Layout issue with Digital STD Cell in cadence Virtuoso

Status
Not open for further replies.

wandola

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi everyone. I have designed a small digital block with verilog.

Then I did the synthesis with synopsis DC.

After that I generated the layout in Cadence SoC encounter with the STD cell lib provided by the foundry.

Next I export the encounter layout into a GDS file. I want to import my GDS into cadence virtuoso layout editor to check DRC and LVS. Later I will combine the digital layout with my analog layout.

I have some problems when import my GDS file into cadence virtuoso.

Below are the two screen shots i captured.

The firsts one is the layout in cadence SoC Encounter. The 2nd one is the thing I got after importing my GDS into cadence virtuoso. I basically got nothing. there is no metal layers...

Can anyone help me with this.??

I did first import my STD cell GDS into the cadence virtuoso. After that I important my GDS file. But it is not correct.

Please help..... Im desperate now...

dhaval4987

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Try pressing Ctrl+F (Or Shift+F).

If it doesnt work, try pressing Ctrl+X (Or Shift+X).

Lemme know if it worked or not.

Long back, I used some readymade stdcells instead of custom layouts and it just showed the pin connection. One of these served purpose I guess. I dont remember exactly, though so I am not sure now. in this case also it seems only pins.

But try that if it works or not.

wandola

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hey my friend, I have tried Ctrl+F/shfit+F. It doesn't solve the problem. When I press shfit+F, everything in the 2nd pic is gone. the screen is just black. when i press ctrl+F, it comes back to pic 2.

And the red boxes in pic2 are not the pinns. They are the boxes for vias and STD cells I have used...

thanks for help....

still waiting for help...

erikl

Super Moderator
Staff member
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Just guessing:
  • For Stream In , did you attach your Technology Library?
  • streamIn LayerMap added?
  • Did you click <Shift> F ?
See these pages from a tutorial: View attachment streamIn.pdf

dgnani

Advanced Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
for being a Cadence native tool, Encounter has some pretty annoying features:
- the default map used to streamout has usually nothing to do with the map in the CDBA database. So you probably need a streamin map.
- I have never dealt with it directly in IC5 but I recall those-who-did had to make a separate techlibrary containing all vias, not sure that was strictly necessary or a clumsy way there
- You need to add you cadence library containing std cells as a reference library so they will not be reimported in the design library
- if your streamin of the std cell worked at least you know streamin is working in your version of cadence
- if you have a chance move to IC6, much better
- you might be better off posting this in the digital ic design section

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor