Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

layout extraction precision

Status
Not open for further replies.

whlinfei

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi All,

I am using calibre 2010.2_13.12.
there is an option in the PEX option-database-presicion, where one can specify precision and resolution.

but no unit is given for these two.

any one can help to explain how to interpret these two numbers ?

thanks in advance.

whlinfei

I would start with saying - read the Calibre manual (Standard Verification Rule Format Manual) - there it is described.
Then I would say - if you have DRC/LVS/PEX decks from manufacturer - do not change it - it will just screw you up unless you really know what you are doing.
Precision is ratio of database units to user units. Default is 1000 which usualy translates to 1000 database user units per 1 um.
Resolution is mainly used for offgrid checks - if it says 1 then it says that database grid is 0.001 dbu
Usualy in deck is defined Unit Length - which specifies user units used in the deck. options are: u; mil, mm, cm, inch, m
- so don't change it unless you have to. Whole deck is written base don those definitions and if you change it / override the deck specified values with option form values your lvs will most probably fail.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back