Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Layout engineer or Device engineer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pbs681

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I just get an offer as a device engineer. But I am not sure which one is better for future? please advice

i asked it from a masters before. he answered it depends on the kind of device fabrication field.
if fabrication of mos ics or optical devices fabs, just dont loos it. if bjt and transistor or diode fabs, cant have very bright future.

prefer device engineering offer than layout.
that will take you to another world where every ic designer want to go.
gud luck

depends on what you like
do you like your solid state physics class? => device
or your circuit design class? => layout

layout engineer too artistic.... not much technical knowledge required...

mayb i am wrong....

sp

pbs681

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Thanks for all the replies. Beside the dev modeling eng, I also had an offer to be analog circuit design eng. I really appreciate if you guys can give me some inputs in order for me to make a decision. As for now, my objective is to focus on circuit design. But I think it is good to have modeling knowledge in order to be a good circuit designer. I also have layout experiences which is very good knowledge to have in order to be a good circuit engineer. So my plan now is, accept dev modeling eng job first and involve in that field maybe for 2-3 years, then swicth to circuit design field. Please help me!!! Really confious

Added after 2 minutes:

arno_a_boy said:
i asked it from a masters before. he answered it depends on the kind of device fabrication field.
if fabrication of mos ics or optical devices fabs, just dont loos it. if bjt and transistor or diode fabs, cant have very bright future.

I am going to model MOS.

Added after 41 seconds:

dumbfrog said:
depends on what you like
do you like your solid state physics class? => device
or your circuit design class? => layout
I like both

Device engr needs physics hard but fun
Layout Engr needs patient, easy but bored after long time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search