Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

layout design or Physical design(pnr)

Status
Not open for further replies.

chiragh.wild

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Can somebody tell me which is challenging team ...layout design or Physical design(pnr)...? I have recently joined a new company and i maybe assigned to any of these two groups...Can yu give me insights into what both these teams will be working on .

There are 2 kinds of layout - one is full custom layout, usually for analog designs; the other one is standard cell layout, the layout for digital design. Both are equally challenging, in different way. Full custom layout engineer needs good knowledge of the process, circuit design and various layout techniques (like matching, noise isolation, etc). Digital layout engineer faces the challenge of ever-increasing size of the design (>10 million-gate designs are common these days). Full custom layout relies more on person's experience, and for digital layout, while engineer's experience is important, it is also heavily depending on the layout tools.

Hi Chiragh,

Layout design much more challenging in the sense you need to be well versed in the Electrical aspects and also the electronic aspects of your transistor functionality.

Physical Design is challenging in the sense you need to be well versed with the tool and the various options it offers along with the repercussions of each.

So if you are inclined towards circuits alone go for layout, if you are interested in exploring with tools along with a niche for circuits go for physical

All the best

BTW which company you got selected???

oh k...
thank yu guys... I got into pnr team ...
n m working @ tata elxsi...!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back