Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Layer Density Rules_Thermal Conductivity

Status
Not open for further replies.

MohsenS

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello Everybody

I need some information about layout density rules. I want min and max density of different layers.
You might say that it depends on process. But a typical number is required. like numbers in a common process.

Also, I need information about thermal conductivity of materials used in different layers.

Thanks a lot.

They all varies from process to process .. It is adviced to get those inform from design rule document(DRD).

They all varies from process to process .. It is adviced to get those inform from design rule document(DRD).

thanks. I googled for some DRD, but didn't find any useful document. can u link or attach an example ?

Density rules are based on the particular foundry's litho
capabilities.

Thermal conductivity, I just Google for and pull off whatever
site coughs it up first. But those constants are only part of
the picture, the layer thicknesses are another foundry-
specific bit of information.

Density rules are based on the particular foundry's litho
capabilities.

Thermal conductivity, I just Google for and pull off whatever
site coughs it up first. But those constants are only part of
the picture, the layer thicknesses are another foundry-
specific bit of information.
i have some information about layer thicknesses.
but thermal conductivity and density ...

usualy poly density is about 15% per die area and metal about 30% - and higher. For min max you really have to pull out the process rules.

usualy poly density is about 15% per die area and metal about 30% - and higher. For min max you really have to pull out the process rules.

Have you any reference ? paper, report or so.

Here's an example for a 0.18µm 5M1P process:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back