Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Lattice Vs Xilinx and altera

Status
Not open for further replies.

vikrant.eda

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Can ny one tell me for a logic device which vendor should I prefer....
On what basis one should select these devices amoung the available one.
Thanx in advance...:!:

Lattice Vs Xilinx and @ltera

It all depends on what you application. For instance, if you are designing an SDR then you might want to first have a look at the application notes available from a specific vendor on SDR. You should also have a look at the design tools of the specific vendor and see if some vendor has an edge over the other.

All you have to look for is the device that gets the thing done, be it from any vendor.

Make sure you are HAPPY with support provided by specific vendor in your area

it depends .

but i think xilinx is my first choice. one of the reasons is its free and complete application guide ,reference design

Just choose one and get to work. All three vendors parts are capable of allowing you to do what you need or want to do. So just choose one and get to work.

E

It depends but I recommend you using Altera. they have many devices to satisfy your application

Re: Lattice Vs Xilinx and @ltera

xang said:
it depends .

but i think xilinx is my first choice. one of the reasons is its free and complete application guide ,reference design

haha, if your competitor do that, would you follow?...

not only xilinx provide that... all of them is doing that...

search in google and you will know...

Consider:
- Availability of devices
- Availability of support

Buy starter kit and try...
IMHO @ltera seems easier to learn than Xilinx.

check for easy avalibility, good support
i might prefer Xilinx bcz i worked on it and found it user friendly

Cyclone III devices are much more powerful compared to Spartan 3 series at the same cost.

I am not sure if that is true for Stratix III vs Virtex-5. Choose from either Altera or Xilinx, as they are fierce players in the FPGA market and are here to stay. Both of them have excellent tools and tons of documentation and reference materials.

Also Stratix devices have a defined path to structured ASIC via Hardcopy series. Xilinx has EasyPath series, though it is still an FPGA solution.

Xilinx is for some reason relatively popular compared to Altera, IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back