Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Lattice ICE40 programming

Status
Not open for further replies.

am85

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi everyone,

I am using a Lattice FPGA for the first time and It is really different than Altera and Xilinx. I am having several problems so hopefully anyone can help. I am on Windows 8, I have Ice cube 2 and the ICE40blink HX1K evaluation board.

First of all there is no programmer in the tool(although it should as in the documentation) so i downloaded diamond programmer.
It can't detect the FPGA if I use the mini USB only! So I used the ispdownload cable which could then detect the FPGA but not the Flash or Microcontroller. Even if I try to program the FPGA, both CRAM and Flash fail. Am I using the right tools ? It is really confusing.

One last problem, the only thing that worked is to program NVCM, is there a way to bypass it now to program the CRAM or flash or through the microcontroller? Do I need to change something in the board.

Thanks a lot in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back