Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Latest FPGA Advantage for Linux?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gezzas525

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
As ive moved to linux now, my FPGA Adv 5.2 is still running under windows and I want to move this aswell, does anyone know if I should run Linux 5.2 or the latest version 6, I assume now iam gona have to get a new license and Mentor dont have FPGA adv for download for linux.

Any ideas.

KLEO

Mentor has announced their support for linux from Adv6.1. And from what their engineer told me, under linux the synthesis tools has to be precision(which needs license level 3).
And the Adv5.2 version use leonardo as synthesizer. So to move to linux, it's better to get 6.1 or higer.

regards

as I know mentor have release FPGADV 6.1 and 6.2 for linux but u must request the new releases and they provide u the download link/password.
also i think they provide update for their customers.

PS: there is no linux version for versions before 6.1.

BEST!

Status
Not open for further replies.