Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Laser sensor output to piezo buzzer

Status
Not open for further replies.

quack1

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I'm new to electronics. I'm designing a product using a retroreflective laser emitter/sensor. The laser emits light that is reflected off a target back at the sensor. The laser is powered off of two 9V batteries in series (18V). It's rated consumption is 35mA and output is 100mA. In addition to its positive/negative leads, it has two negative outputs for control of alarm or other load.

I want the laser to send a signal to a piezo buzzer when light is reflected back at emitter/sensor from the target. The piezo buzzer is 3-16V DC 7mA. What would I need to put in the circuit to make this work...if it's even possible?

Thanks!

I think u can use a series resistor and a zener diode in reverse across your Lazer O/P and ground.The series resistor limits current to 7mA and Zener helps maintaining 16V or whatever req. across your buzzer. In this case u can use 280ohm and 16V Zener for max buzzer O/P

quack1

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Or you can use 3 silicone diodes in series to drop 2.1V from the supply 18V. By doing this the cuurent will only go to the buzzer and will not drain unnecessarily the batteries..

quack1

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.