Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

laptop will not power on- acer extensa 5630 ez

Status
Not open for further replies.

robb

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
laptop will not power on

have acer extensa 5630 ez. It wont power on with battery or mains supply, At first it would power on after waiting 5 mins , this then extended to hours then days and now its weeks before i can power it up again. I have noticed that it will power on from sleep mode or if i press restart but if i close it down or put it into hibernation it will be weeks before it will power on again.pressing the power on button when its on mains power just causes the green light to go out. On battery only if i press power button on rapidly about 5 times an led orange light flickers I have tried the so called power reset and reseated the ram but these remedies have no effect. Have been on net and there is lot of people having this problem with this model…. i would appreciate any help.. Thanks

My 5630 does the same thing. Did you find a solution.

Status
Not open for further replies.