Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] Laptop battery no charging

Status
Not open for further replies.

chickmazta

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Laptop battery not charging

Guys I need some help. Could somebody please help me identify which pin of PU4 (BQ24725ARGRR) gives voltage to charge the battery. I've been reading the datasheet and can't identify which pin that gives charge. The battery is detected but still does not charge. I can power the laptop using the adapter. The battery is confirmed working. Laptop is an Acer Aspire E1-57. Hope someone could help thanks!

Here is the image of the battery circuitry. Someone had already attempted to repair this but It was brought to me instead. And also I attached a diagram which was given to me by somebody else. Thanks hope someone helps.

Attachments

• Top Portion PU4.jpg
    Top Portion PU4.jpg
    894.5 KB · Views: 121
  • Acer Aspire E1 V1 V3-531_571 - COMPAL LA-7912P - REV 02.pdf
    1.5 MB · Views: 145
Last edited:

Here is a datasheet for that IC,
View attachment BQ24725ARGRR 1-4 Cell Li Battery SMBus Charge Controller.pdf

As i can see there, and on laptop SM the output is PHASE pin 19, you can see the signal BQ24725_LX outputing from pin 19, and the same label BQ24725_LX on the right before the filter coil.
That is on page 49 of manual that you supplied.

If i am wrong someone will correct me :)

I haven't thought that someone would still reply to my thread. The laptop is working but the battery is still not charging. I wonder if the battery is dead. It hasn't been used for 5 months after the laptop died, would that cause the battery to fail? Thanks!

li-ion batteries will "die" if subjected to over discharge.

When the voltage drops below 2.5V per cell, some irreversible chemical reactions happen and the cell dies.

Same goes for all lithium based rechargeable batteries, only the voltage threshold might differ a bit.

Try to install acpi driver or chip set controller driver . In your case better to replace battery.

Sorry for the late feedback but I did found out that the battery is dead. Replaced the battery and its working now, problem solved. This thread can now be mark as solved. thanks to everybody!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back