Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

laptop battery (li-ion),external standalone charger.

Status
Not open for further replies.

rasti

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
stand alone charger laptop

can someone please help me, my laptop computer recently stopped charging its battery pack(li-ion), i opened it up(laptop) and found heat damage on the board where the power supply jack is soldered to it. the laptop wont work from the plugin power, but works from the battery alone. the battery has 7 connections which connect to the computer,not knowing what was what, i opened the battery and found a circuit board in inside.

Is it possible to connect a power supply directly to this battery to recharge it?

Any help would be welcome
Thank you in advance.

laptop charger battery circuit

Yes, provided you can either A find manufacturers details or B trace the path from adapter to battery and ID the components you could build a freestanding battery charger.

It might be simpler to contact your manufacturer and see about repair/replacement (hopefully under warranty) of the damaged mainboard.

In some cases even with moderate heat damage to the board it is possible to repair the power connector (if not the most common cause would be cold solder joints so you can play the defective card with the manufacturer)

Status
Not open for further replies.