Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Laplace,Z and Fourier

Status
Not open for further replies.

electronics_kumar

Advanced Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
how laplace ,Z and fourier transform are differ from each other....i know the realtion between Laplace and fourier trnasform

the factor s=σ+jω... ie σ refers to attenuation and ω stands for angular frequency..
if basis function used is e**(-st) then it is laplace transform..if transform relinqushes attenuation(a nondamping system) then basis function becomes
e**-jωt.. this is called as fourier transform..

but what is the relation between Laplace and Z also between Z and fourier transform

as far as i know, z transform is the equivalent of laplace transform, for the discrete time domain signals.
laplace is for continiuos signals and z is for discrete signals....
if u know the relationship between laplace and fourier transform of continiuos signals, the same relationship exists between z transform and fourier in discrete time domain....

Mr. Armstrong, z = exp(s) is not correct. A more accurate relationship between, Z and S transforms were given by vahidikh622: Z transform applies to functions that are discrete while S transform works for continues signals.

You can approximate s-domain transfer function by z-domain transfer function by using a number of transformations. The transformation depend on what kind of difference equation you will use to approximate a derivative. You can use forward-Euler, backward-Euler, etc. A good summary of all the techniques can be found in this document **broken link removed**

I hope this help you out.

Best regards,

\[v_c\]

Last edited by a moderator:

Please refer the book by P.B.Lathi
"linear systems and signals"
All your doubts will be cleared .....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor