laplace from frequency dependant expression

Hi, i have this expression representing a frequency dependant power loss:
a=0.6265
b=2.24
c=1.41
Bpk=0.3 Kgauss
f=frequency

Ploss=a*Bpk^b*f^c

is it possible to obtain a laplace transform of Ploss (transfer function of s)?

Let me know

Re: laplace from frequency dependant expression

Laplace transforms are for linear functions. Your exponential function is not linear.

Ratch

Re: laplace from frequency dependant expression

As long as your function meets Dirichlet conditions and is majorized by an exponential function, it has a Laplace transform.

However, usually we are transforming time-domain functions to s-domain (which is a generalization of frequency to a complex surface), so frankly speaking I don't understand why you would like to transform frequency-dependent function into s-domain. Especially, while supposing the time domain primary function has a right-sided complex Fourier representation, and this representation is in fact your function, the s-domain representation would be the same with s instead of f.

What would be the physical meaning of Laplace transform of frequency-dependent power loss function?

You didn't observe the hint by Ratch. The magnitude term B^c is nonlinear and has no inverse Laplace transformation, except for the trivial case c=1. Even then I don't see a particular physical meaning.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…