Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

lack of audio problem in ubuntu 8.06n

Status
Not open for further replies.

zio_nneo

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
audio problem in ubuntu

Hi to everyone
Recently i have installed the ubuntu 8.06 n when i tried to play the music it couldnot. it display the message. what should i do sothat i can play the music????

Re: audio problem in ubuntu

Install "amarok":
$sudo apt-get amarok

Try to play the MP3, it will say your system doesn't have the required codecs and do you want to download them, just click "yes" and Synaptic package manager will automatically download the required files and codecs and play the music files.

Also I would recommend you to upgrade your system to Ubuntu 8.10

zio_nneo

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
audio problem in ubuntu

could plz give me the link for downloading the codec???????I think ubuntu 8.10 is for 64 bit processor but i do have only 32 bit processor. IS this compatible for my processor???

I don't have the link...and Ubuntu 8.10 is available for both 32bit and 64bit architecture ...you can download the ISO from here:

**broken link removed**

zio_nneo

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
audio problem in ubuntu

recently I have download da amarok and tried to installed it at ubuntu 8.04 but I couldnot installed it. Can you write me how can I installed the downlaoded armarok which is in my hard drive...
thanx in advance

I believe you are connected to Internet on Ubuntu 8.04

If yes, then execute following command:
$sudo apt-get install amarok*

And it will fetch and install the amarok

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back