Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Labview driver for USB <==>printer port

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kamal Daniel

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
labview usb interface

Can you please tell me where i can find a Labview driver for a USB to printer port interface cable

labview usb to parallel

1. Use the existing USB Data Transfer method to send via USB port and get in parallel end.
2. Use the available DLLs supplied for other language interface.

Because USB-Parallel port cable is not frequently used in instruments.

But LabVIEW Detects the available printer ports and prints data based on Operating Systems.

labview usb driver

Dear Soundar
Thank you for your reply. I want to use the USB to printer port interface on register level not as printing device. Now when the device is plugged to the computer the operating system recognise it as "USB support printing" I want the operating system to recognise it as LPT2 so i can use it in the register level

labview printer

Normally OS displays the detected port in Device Manager as communication port.

But in some cases USB<->COM works like a COM4 or COM5..in case of Telephone Modem Applications.

But for USB<->LPT, try to send serial data and scan your parallel datalines.

If you want to use complete signals like paper tray empty, line feed..you have to depend on cable manufacturers.

If you want LPT Port specific for Register Level Application, you can prefer PCI Add-on Card.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back