Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

LabVIEW based digital multimeter

Status
Not open for further replies.

karuppasamy

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
guys.....I'm working into a project where I need to measure the AC current and voltage , now i am using LabVIEW with arduino ,so, How can I do it? .....guys...

Without doing any research, I am assuming that the Arduino is talking to Labview vis the USB port as a serial device? If that is the case you need to have a few layers of hardware and software to do this.
1.) Reading the current and voltage
--You can read AC current with either a shunt resistor or a hall effect sensor. I am thinking the hall effect would be easier and is more common for AC signals.
--This link goes over AC voltage detection https://www.edaboard.com/threads/228921/
2.) Converting the readings
--Based on what sensors you use you will need to map that to a value either on the Arduino side or the labview side
3.) Send data to Labview
--This is a simple Serial print
4.) Labview use the data
--Use the data as you see fit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back