Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

LabVIEW and serial data

Status
Not open for further replies.

handsprince

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
labview serial

i want send a serial data from PIC to LabVIEW, in my PIC program consists of temperature and humidity data, the PIC will send humidity value and continue with temperature value to my LabVIEW, the problem is how can i handle this two data and show it on two different string indicator in LabVIEW? thanks

labview serial protocol

Hi handsprince,
You can very well do it. When PIC sends the serial data to the PC, you can dump both temperature and humidity data. You can prepare your own protocol and once you receive this data frame in PC through LabView, you will know which part of the frame corresponds to which indicator. Just assign this value to the corresponding string indicator.
Remember that when you send data serially from PIC, it will just be raw bytes. You have to convert the data into either float or integer datatype accordingly to get your value correctly on the display.

Regards,
vhn

labview serial data

Thanks for your reply vHn, do you know where i get a tutorial to write my own protocol?coz i'm new in LabVIEW. thanks

labview serial port search frame

Hi handsprince,
You will get lot of information in the internet about how to develop a simple protocol that suits your needs. But with respect to LabView you need to know how to use the byte array and serial port concepts.
You can study the following attachments to start with.

Regards,
vhn

display data from serial port in labview

Thanks you a lot vhn

unsigned byte array labview indicator

hi, I want to ask you that if i want to created my own hardware by using serial port, how can I do? for example: I want to created 7Segment display counter hardware, or other). Oh, I use to created the temperature by using COM, but when I connected it to labview it dont know my driver. so how can i do? please give me some sample of hardware or tell me where can i find all hardware that we can create by ourself. thanks

Hi
I am having the same problem. I have a project to do where i have to send and receive data from and to the pic and labview. I do not understand how labview will know what type of data is coming in.
Can you explain for me please.

hi everybody. I'm studying PC Based Oscilloscope using usb.please tell me how i can use ni-visa to creat usb communicate with labview? thanks so much!

hi,

I have 8051 microcontroller kit. i have to display the content present on the led onto the labview using visa protocol. i do not know the basics also. can u pls refer me to some tutorial on visa the interfacing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back