Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] label location in layout

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

MohEllayali

helleo everybody

the way i define my ports is by using a lable in a special layer (whith pin purpose)
it turns out that the extracted netlist will depend on the location i will put my label in
is there any good recomandation where to put my label in ?
many thanks

Hi,

I would suggest that you attach the label on the pin (this capability is being given by LAYOUT XL of cadence virtuoso,you will find it from the top menu bar).Be careful to use the same layer (the special one you mention ) and the same name with the pin.I thinks this is what you are looking for,right?If not do not hesitate to ask for more assistance.

Regards,
Jimito13

In LAYOUT XL of cadence virtuoso, u can lable by pressing L , and if your lable is not viewd on next time when u open your layout, just press E u can see the option pin name, click it and press ok, than the lable can be viewed

the label origin marked by a + symbol has to be on top of the layer you want to stamp as a port; play with the justification setting if you want to have your labels visible e.g. hanging outside the bBox of your design

The presence of an actual pin is completely irrelevant for some tools (e.g. Calibre)

the attach option is available in basic Virtuoso w/o the XL option but it will be irrelevant if your extraction is label based (e.g. Calibre)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back