Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

KT/C noise of switch in switched capacitor circuits

Status
Not open for further replies.

minxin_zhou

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Can anybody tell me why the KT/C noise induced by switches in switched capacitor circuits can be eliminated by differencial configuration? It is well known that the offset and 1/f noise can be eliminated by CDS(corelated double sampling) technique. But why this noise can also be cancelled?

I do not think those noise can be eliminated.
Differential structure give good psrr and suppress common mode noise.

differential configuration will not reduce kT/C noise

minxin_zhou said:
Can anybody tell me why the KT/C noise induced by switches in switched capacitor circuits can be eliminated by differencial configuration? It is well known that the offset and 1/f noise can be eliminated by CDS(corelated double sampling) technique. But why this noise can also be cancelled?

The thermal noise is not eliminated by using differencial configuration. It is allways there. You can only increase the capacitor to make it lower of using a lower signal bandwith.

Bastos

I found in some literatures that the KT/C noise induced by switches can also been first orderly cancelled using the CDS technique. I am confused with that conclusion since I think the thermal can not be eliminated. The reference is below:
**broken link removed**

Please see page NO.12.

The link doesn't work.

of course can not

diffrential configuration sometimes boubles kt/C noise, never reduce.

kT/C noise power will double using differential structure, but the voltage swing will be double also thus induced 4x in signal power, so SNR improved by 3 dB compared to single-ended one.

Status
Not open for further replies.