Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Kirchhoff's current law and current limiting

Status
Not open for further replies.

engr.waqas

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
According to KCL (Kirchhoff's current law), current entering a resistor is equal to the current that leaves a resistor. I want to ask then what is current limiting action by resistor?

Thanks for reply. Infact after reading the link you posted, I posted the question here .

According to KCL (Kirchhoff's current law), current entering a resistor is equal to the current that leaves a resistor. I want to ask then what is current limiting action by resistor?

For my opinion, the term "current limiting" in this case is somewhat misleading.
If a voltage driven path contains only one resistor this resistor determines the current (or - if you like - it limits the current up to a fixed value because for R=0 the current theoretically would go to infinity).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back