Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Kick back effect in a single-ended comparator design

Status
Not open for further replies.

vijaykarnam

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all,

I am designing a singel ended comparator. according to design and specs, i need to generate a referencevoltage by using simple resistor. now, i m facing the problem that my refence is not consatant. it is varing with respect to input. the variation in the refe is 5%of another input singal amplitude. can any have any suggetion to remove that ref variation?

thanks and regards,
:?:

kick back effect

It isn't clearly undestable though ur question what is the reference u've utilized and what circuitry u've used for comparator.
In generally this solves by increasing current though resistor and by adding filter capacitor.

Good reference about kickback noise:

Don't forget push "helped me" button if my help is quite appropriate.

kick back effect

thanq very much

kick back effect

what is a kick back effect? i studied in ken martin, but not understood propoerly. Can anyone explain it please?

kick back effect

the kick back means that the comparator makes noise on it is input signal so if you have meany comparators connected on the same input you will have a problem

kick back effect

whenever you turn off a MOS it release charges that were used to form the channel and this leads to flow of current which is not supposed to be there.... this leads to voltage spike and this effect is called kickback effect...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back