Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Keysight ADS P_1Tone

oumik

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
When I plotted the dBm(RF_IN) I obtain -9 dBm right after the RF source which is set at 0 dBm (see images below) . I do not understand why I did not obtain 0 dBm in the plot.

P_1Tone.jpg
RF_IN_dBm.jpg

"dBm" function assumes that the Voltage over the Impedance is 50 Ohm but your case is different.
If you know the Impedance when you look into the circuit, you have to use dBm(RF_IN,Impedance).
But there is simpler method. Use P_Probe element to measure the Power that gets into the circuit.

"dBm" function assumes that the Voltage over the Impedance is 50 Ohm but your case is different.
If you know the Impedance when you look into the circuit, you have to use dBm(RF_IN,Impedance).
But there is simpler method. Use P_Probe element to measure the Power that gets into the circuit.
Thank you for your answer. I tried using the P_Probe1 but I get 0.2691 mW instead of 1mW (0 dBm).
P_probe1.jpg

Thank you for your answer. I tried using the P_Probe1 but I get 0.2691 mW instead of 1mW (0 dBm).
So there is a Mismatch between the Source and the Circuit.
Because 0 dBm is Available Power from the Source. Not Entered Power.
If you design a good matching circuit, this entered power will be same as Available Power.

Thank
So there is a Mismatch between the Source and the Circuit.
Because 0 dBm is Available Power from the Source. Not Entered Power.
If you design a good matching circuit, this entered power will be same as Available Power.
Thank you for your answer. I have managed to increase the value to 0.9 mW by adding a microstrip line in series with an inductor in series with a resistor. Is this configuration valid since I have not based it on any available matching circuit configuration ( I just added them arbitrarily)?

P_1Tone.jpg
P_probe1.jpg

You need to choose a capacitor.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 75
Last edited by a moderator:

LaTeX Commands Quick-Menu:

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor