Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Junkyard electronics (make spare viewscreen work with my rearview camera)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
So I love visiting the junkyard and always come up with these wild ideas of sorts, but still very new to this world and have a lot to learn. So my new wild idea, is that I was there searching for a new rearview mirror for my car and came across a SUV that had in the center a drop down LCD screen and could play DVD's and also had a line in. So I wanted to use the screen part of it and hook it to the reverse camera that is on the back of my car and for it to come on when the car is started if possible. The LCD screen is made by Audiovox and has a connector attached to it that has about 16 wires. So is this possible and where to start.

Hi,

You would neef to find the datasheet for the LCD screen, to know how it works and what the 16-wire cable does.

Also, get the datasheet for your car's reverse camera and see if both devices are compatible or could be somehow made to interface usefully.

Sorry I can't help more.

Assuming the unit was installed by the vehicle manufacturer the connector is probably describe in the vehicles service manual. I would make sure that it was installed by the manufacturer and not some aftermarket installation by the dealer first before trying to obtain a service manual as they can sometimes be quite pricey.

If it's aftermarket you'll have to obtain whatever Audovox supplies for their technical installation documentation for installers.

If the screen has the line in socket built into then it wont be so hard to do, if not however then that'l be a tough one, unless as mentioned your lucky enough to find data on it, or a pinout.
Vehicle manufacturers tend to have their own standards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back