Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Junk char's received through UART from ATMEGA2560 first time after PC booted

Status
Not open for further replies.

askar_

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all,

I'm having trouble in reading data through serialport using software developed in Qt (C++). Now i'm working for microcontroller - PC communication through serial port.

The case is, if i booted my PC (WinXp) when i tried to read data through serial port using software developed in Qt (C++), it reads junk char's repeatedly, but if i tried to read the same in Hyperterminal (or) SIOW software it reads properly.

After using Hyperterminal or SIOW to read data one time, my sofware (developed in Qt (C++))also reads the data properly (same program).

settings are all same on both ends.

I suspect that, other than serial port initialization parameter settings , i need to configure something else in my PC side...

Let me know where im doing wrong...

Thanks in advance

Regards,
--------
Askar Ali.

It's possible that Hyperterminal and SIOW are able to alter the port settings when the computer was started up. That could be how your software is able to work afterward.

Try to discover which default settings get changed. See if you can get your software to do the same.

Look at the Services control panel. There may be a service you need to activate. Perhaps it is set to activate manually, something which Hyperterminal and SIOW execute, but yours does not?

Status
Not open for further replies.