Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

JTAG USB programmer for C8051Fxxx and other 8051 devices

Status
Not open for further replies.

dxpwny

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,

I have used 8051 devices for years - and am now buying several C8051Fxxx based development boards (300, 340, ...). I wish to buy a USB JTAG programmer to program these devices. I am JTAG illiterate. I don't know how compatible these things are - on either end of the programmer.

Should I be able to buy any USB JTAG programmer and be able to use it in programming any device, regardless of manufacturer ? I believe the answer to that would be yes ... from reading I have done.

On the other end, should I be able to use any USB JTAG programmer with any Windows based programming utility ? For example, if I used the SI dev tools, would that balk at using a USB JTAG programmer other then one made by SI ?

Thanks

I should have added I would need to use the JTAG programmer on a Windows 10 Pro 65 bit system. I've written a few sellers on Ebay that sell such JTAG devices - and so far they have all replied NO their's would NOT work.

What would work with Windows 10 ?

- - - Updated - - -

The CF8051xxx development boards I've bought so far use the C8051f300 and C8051F340. The boards use a connector pinout like this:

3.3V X X GND
GND X X C2D
X X
C2CK X X
GND X X 5V

Can someone recommend some different devices I can use that would fill these requirements.
Thank you.

And how do I set a font in this message ... yea used that, it does not seem to work.

Status
Not open for further replies.