Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

JTAG scan for Motorola XPC755BPX300LD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pavel1986STula

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello.

I need to test PCB's with XPC755BPX300LD processor in BGA. This board have many other peripheral IC such as PCI-/Memory Contr. , PCI to cPCI Bridge , Ethernet Controller , SCSI Controller e.t.c. All PCB's is the same and at all Linux doesn’t start, but I am sure that FLASH memory with OS is fine. So I want to check only processor. I know that pcb has JTAG, because XPC755BPX300LD support IEEE 1149.1 JTAG interface and allow LSSD scan design. I know that this chip is old and it work with external FLASH, so JTAG very often not use.
I want check which PCB board’s has working XPC, so for this purpose I want to scan JTAG chain and detect device's.
The main problem is that, as I know, the Motorola company is not exist now and has not any support (only very superficial information). So I can’t find any JTAG programmer for this device. May be I can use any standard JTAG programmer with basic IEEE 1149.1 command’s – but I don’t know which command supported by XPC755BPX300LD. Please help: how I can scan JTAG?

Best regard’s!

If I have correctly understood your question, you want to test a complex PCB using a programmable JTAG interface right?

If true, then you can use a low cost Raspberry PI for it. I don't know about the details (other engineers in our company do it, not me), but a simple search gives up the following link:
https://sysprogs.com/VisualKernel/tutorials/raspberry/jtagsetup/

If I have correctly understood your question, you want to test a complex PCB using a programmable JTAG interface right?

If true, then you can use a low cost Raspberry PI for it. I don't know about the details (other engineers in our company do it, not me), but a simple search gives up the following link:
https://sysprogs.com/VisualKernel/tutorials/raspberry/jtagsetup/

No. I want to check only the processor - not all IC. And for raspberry - thank I will read this information.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back