Not open for further replies.

Pavel1986STula

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello.

I need to test PCB's with XPC755BPX300LD processor in BGA. This board have many other peripheral IC such as PCI-/Memory Contr. , PCI to cPCI Bridge , Ethernet Controller , SCSI Controller e.t.c. All PCB's is the same and at all Linux doesn’t start, but I am sure that FLASH memory with OS is fine. So I want to check only processor. I know that pcb has JTAG, because XPC755BPX300LD support IEEE 1149.1 JTAG interface and allow LSSD scan design. I know that this chip is old and it work with external FLASH, so JTAG very often not use.
I want check which PCB board’s has working XPC, so for this purpose I want to scan JTAG chain and detect device's.
The main problem is that, as I know, the Motorola company is not exist now and has not any support (only very superficial information). So I can’t find any JTAG programmer for this device. May be I can use any standard JTAG programmer with basic IEEE 1149.1 command’s – but I don’t know which command supported by XPC755BPX300LD. Please help: how I can scan JTAG?

Best regard’s!

If I have correctly understood your question, you want to test a complex PCB using a programmable JTAG interface right?

If true, then you can use a low cost Raspberry PI for it. I don't know about the details (other engineers in our company do it, not me), but a simple search gives up the following link:
https://sysprogs.com/VisualKernel/tutorials/raspberry/jtagsetup/

No. I want to check only the processor - not all IC. And for raspberry - thank I will read this information.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…