Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

JTAG emulation of the DSP?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dora

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello All,

Is there someone with experience with JTAG emulators as a debugging tool for the DSP.

Is this kind of development superior the traditional KIT based?

I am interested especially for the JTAG emulation of the ADSP BF533

Regards
dora

Hi

DSP developement basead in JTAG interface is more powerful than kit based in serial interface (and more expensive also). With JTAG you have acess to all machine registers without stopping the processor.

Some time ago I tried do develop a JTAG interface for the TMS320F240 but TI don't give any kind of support. If you like to know more about this interface read the article "Joint Test Action Group (JTAG) IEEE 1149.1 and IEEE 1149.4" at h**p://www.circuitcellar.com/library/resourcepage/1099/c109r12.asp

Best regards
Pendragon

Hi

Is the step by step C code debuging posible with
BF533 EZ-KIT LITE (without USB ICE emulator) and using VDSP IDE ?

thanks!
dora

Hi

For your special case you can find information at AD home page.

Read the following link. I think that will help you.

h**p://www.analog.com/Analog_Root/productPage/productHome/0,2121,BF533%252DHARDWARE,00.html

Take atention to the information, where they disclose that "ADSP-BF533 EZ-KIT Lite provides an evaluation suite of the VisualDSP++ integrated development and debug environment. The VisualDSP++ software included with the EZ-KIT Lite is limited in program memory size for use solely with the EZ-KIT Lite product.

Best regards
Pendragon

Hi, I have the same problem: want to buy a SHARC-board, but the situation about emulators and program code limit is not clear to me.

to pendragon

Terms from User's manual for ADDS-21262-EZLITE board:

"The size of a user program’s code is limited to 10922 words of the ADSP-21262 processor’s program memory"
Does it mean only program memory and NOT code memory?

"No connections to Simulator or Emulator sessions are allowed".
???

Can anybody explain me what do these sentences say? thanx.

when DSP running control by JTAG. it is in the mode of JTAG Debugging, you can set brk point , step .... and get the some registers and memory of DSp, so the DSP is not in free running mode.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back