Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Joystick switch pinout

Status
Not open for further replies.

nm2007k

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Yesterday i bought a joystick switch.
It has 3 legs on the x axis and 3 legs on the y axis side.
The switch also has a centre push button which has 4 legs.
I want to control two motors for my moving bot
i.e) forward, reverse, left, right.
How can i connect those pins.?
Is there any schematic?
I googled it but i cant find anything.
Pls help.

41_1329416951.jpg

There are switched joysticks and there are potentiometer joysticks.

If you have a switched joystick then it would have 4 switches for L-R-U-D. The simplest way to use it is to have 4 inputs on your control device, each detecting when one or more signals is high. This is so you can detect a command to move diagonally. Motor commands are all-on or all-off.

It sounds as though you have a potentiometer joystick. The center terminal is the wiper of a potentiometer. It sends a voltage between ground and supply V. You send this signal to an ADC in your control device. This type of joystick gives you finer control over motor movement.

A joystick should not have much current going through it. So you should not hook it up directly to a motor.

You will feed its signals to the mosfets/transistors which drive the motors. These must be rated to carry the current.

Or you will first feed joystick signals to a middleman device which serves as the central control brain for the robot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back