Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

JFet - phase linearity parameter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paul98

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi

i need to use a JFet which has high phase linearity. What are the parameters in the datasheets that could indicate this, in addition to the maximum working frequency? Thanks.

Hi,

No idea if these might help, I haven't looked at them for a long time. Hope they are useful.

Attachments

• Low Noise JFET Amplifiers AN-6601.pdf.pdf
    748.1 KB · Views: 90
  • Low Noise JFET The Noise Problem Solver AN-6602.pdf.pdf
    892.6 KB · Views: 92
  • Glossary of JFET Measurement Parameters AN-6608.pdf.pdf
    1.5 MB · Views: 105
  • Selecting the Best JFET for Your Application AN-6609.pdf.pdf
    17.2 MB · Views: 91
From what I read on teh internetz, phase linearity is
basically Cgd. Use of source-tied field plates to shield
gate from drain seems to be the done thing. So I'd
start with looking at high frequency low noise RF JFETs
which must have low Cgd, that with Rgg sets the
fT/fmax (and low noise means low Rgg).

Thank you all for the questions. @dick_freebird . I checked and I believe you are right. Low values are on high frequency and low power FETs. Basically I have a circuit where the first stage I have to use a jfet to give the characteristics of these components. Initially I went on a MPF102 but it is a component that does not offer good performances in that sense, then I landed on a BF245B which has a lower Cis and Crs and consequently a higher fT. I am currently looking for if there is something even more linear. It will have to drive a transistor like the classic 2n3904. I also have another request. The jfet currently pilots a 2n3904. I'm looking for a transitor that can eventually replace the 3904 but with a base-emitter voltage higher than 6 volts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back