Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] jdm pic programmer for 16f877A

Status
Not open for further replies.

binsad

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
jdm programmer

I have got a Multi pic programmer (using com port) schematic from hamradio.com . I had setup the circuit and used pony prog to program the pic 16f877A. reading and erasing are ok. but after writing and verifying is 100%, I am getting write error message.
When I read thee pic after that, I got first 2 bytes had written in the flash. Others are 0xFF. I am attaching the schematic i used... Please give me a solution...

pic jdm

Hi,

Just do a quick search on this forum for JDM - you will find dozens of recent posts on them which will hopefully answer you question.

Be aware that the PC / serial port you are using can make all the difference and that JDM circuits while working fine for a few folk do give problems for many others - plenty of alternatives given in those other posts.

jdm programmer

binsad said:
I have got a Multi pic programmer (using com port) schematic from hamradio.com . I had setup the circuit and used pony prog to program the pic 16f877A. reading and erasing are ok. but after writing and verifying is 100%, I am getting write error message.
When I read thee pic after that, I got first 2 bytes had written in the flash. Others are 0xFF. I am attaching the schematic i used... Please give me a solution...
Please do use winpic800 ver3.64
I have this programmer and works fine.
perhaps the site is quoted wrongly. it is www.hamradio.in
please check the diodes and zenor diodes for proper placement. the switch SW1 is expected to be positioned outwards the board has been designed for 2N390x devices and if you use BC or other types, ensure proper pin out.

don't connect pin5 of DB9 and its associated track to any other point marked GND.
The designer Feng has used GND legend - also to the Vss common.

Hope you should go thro.
[/i]

Status
Not open for further replies.