Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Jamming a LAN network

Status
Not open for further replies.

chatakundi

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Merry Christmas to all.

I want to disrupt a LAN network. I plan to use the output transformer of a ethernet card connected to a circuit generating square wave matching the 10Mbps frequency. I want to know the exact timings of the data pulses on LAN networks. Can anyone guide me on this topic?
Thanks.

hi

hi .. if you are on swithed lan (i meand L2 switching) then you will jamm only segment connected to 1 port on the switch. It is better idea to load swith ... overflow port table and let it brodcast all ...

regards

cancel

Re: Jamming LAN network

chatakundi said:
Merry Christmas to all.

I want to disrupt a LAN network. I plan to use the output transformer of a ethernet card connected to a circuit generating square wave matching the 10Mbps frequency. I want to know the exact timings of the data pulses on LAN networks. Can anyone guide me on this topic?
Thanks.

Please find following links with usefull information:
h**p://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/cisintwk/ito_doc/ethernet.htm
For detailed timing information, look in a data sheet for an PHY for instance National Semi. dp83924b.pdf
Regards

traditional network

If you are on a traditional type network where everyone is across the same cable, you could simulate a collision by putting in a signal twice the voltage of an ordinary one. Collision detection is based on an ordinary level detection. Whoever is transmitting will stop and the packet will not be decoded at the receive end. All nodes will not transmit for a variable time period afterwords. All you have to do is put out a burst of square waves of the minimum packet length spaced by the minimum packet length and you will always corrupt all transmissions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back