Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

J type thermocouple Interfacing with PIC18F45K80

Status
Not open for further replies.

Djsarkar

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have PIC18F45K80. I am using MPLABX 5.40 and XC8 2.30. I want to Interfacing J type thermocouple with PIC18F45K80. I have also operational amplifier UA74CP. thermocouple give very low voltage so operational amplifier will be required

Would UA74CP be suitable to interface J type thermocouple with PIC18F45K80?

Last edited:

Hi,

this has been discussed many times before. Just do a forum search or at least look at the "similar threads".

It makes almost no difference which microcontroller you use. Thus you may omit it by your search.

Klaus

Hi,

this has been discussed many times before. Just do a forum search or at least look at the "similar threads".
Hi Klaus

I have searched " J type thermocouple and UA74CP "threads before posting question and I don't see any similar threads. so that's why I asked the question. I saw some posts on thermocouple with different amplifier. I just wanted to know if I could be use UA74CP with j type because I don't have other operational amplifier

Hi,

Sure you mean UA74CP?
Maybe UA741? This is one of the oldest Opamp from the 1960ies.
Now there is more than 60 years of progress.
UA741 is

Is the UA74CP as old as the 741?

For sure the very most of the modern Opamps will beat the 60 years old Opamp.

Klaus

Have you an idea of measurement resolution and accuracy you want to achieve?

Status
Not open for further replies.