Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

IWATSU SS 3510 OSCILLOSCOPE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gorey48

Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Scope in good condition but no scan now. Need schematic but can only locate handbook element. Help if someone has schematic and other parts of service manual. Any help welcome
Chris Browne

I suppose it's a cathode-ray tube (CRT)? Can you find a manual for an IWATSU scope in the same family? It might have similar beam generation as your ailing model.

Describe behavior as the scan started to go bad. Did it get dim? Drift offscreen? Make noises?

Does it behave differently at cold power-up compared to after it's gotten warm a while?
Does anything change immediately after you switch it off?

I suppose it's a cathode-ray tube (CRT)? Can you find a manual for an IWATSU scope in the same family? It might have similar beam generation as your ailing model.

Describe behavior as the scan started to go bad. Did it get dim? Drift offscreen? Make noises?

Does it behave differently at cold power-up compared to after it's gotten warm a while?
Does anything change immediately after you switch it off?
So thanks for coming back. Just stopped, no smell, no noise. Just the resulting centre spot. Are you aware of any models where I can get the schematics and any other tech data?
Chris

Since the beam lost vertical and horizontal travel, it suggests loss of voltage on your horizontal and vertical plates. Most likely culprit is power supply failure or rather the section of power supply which produces plate voltage. It may be a bipolar supply.

Have you opened up the housing? Does the board have labels indicating volt levels, test points, function, etc? There's a high voltage hazard of course. Example, the beam is 1,000 V or more. The plates may get 100 to 200V. Keep one hand in your pocket if you decide to poke around.

You may see burned components. Only if you're lucky are those the only components that need replacing.

Or you may spot a blown fuse for the plate section. Replacing it may restore operation. If you're lucky that's all it needs.

Last edited:

Gorey48

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Since the beam lost vertical and horizontal travel, it suggests loss of voltage on your horizontal and vertical plates. Most likely culprit is power supply failure or rather the section of power supply which produces plate voltage. It may be a bipolar supply.

Have you opened up the housing? Does the board have labels indicating volt levels, test points, function, etc? There's a high voltage hazard of course. Example, the beam is 1,000 V or more. The plates may get 100 to 200V. Keep one hand in your pocket if you decide to poke around.

You may see burned components. Only if you're lucky are those the only components that need replacing.

Or you may spot a blown fuse for the plate section. Replacing it may restore operation. If you're lucky that's all it needs.
Thanks for your help. I have taken a step back whilst checking PSU. Caused a short checking 12volt and blew power transistors C2502's at least. Clumsy but I shall have to source these and repair before moving forward. Still seeking schematics and parts lists.
Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back