Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

issues of FFT and zero padding in OFDM

Status
Not open for further replies.

usab

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
can any tell me that what is the effect of no of points of FFT/IFFT on the ofdm modulated data?
if the no of points is equal to, less/greater than the no of data samples what would happen?

also i need to know about the zero padding in FFT/IFFT?

The number of points is the number of subcarriers, so you need the number of points greater than or equal to the number of symbols.

Thankyou David83!

But I need to know the difference b/w the use of zero padding and cyclic prefix and guard band intervals , are they all same thing or not?
please explain!

I think not the same.
Zero padding before fft means adding subcarriers without any signal, prodicung a frequency gap that is a margin for filter transition interval.
Cyclic prefix is extending the output fft vector by copying its end part to the beginning. In time domain this produces a guard interval for preventing inter-symbol interference (for the previous symbol delayed due to multipath may finish before next symbol comes).

Status
Not open for further replies.