Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Issue with Native USB Interface of ATSAM3X8E chip

Status
Not open for further replies.

asimlink

Full Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Native USB interface of my custom designed board around ATSAM3X8E cpu (the one used in Arduino DUE) does not works. I had posted the issue in a thread some time back :

https://www.edaboard.com/threads/339007/#post1467010

but i was unable to get any result oriented answer to fix the issue. Details regarding the issue faced can be seen in that older thread.

Since the issue is still very important to me, i wanted to know if there is any one who also tried Arduino DUE compatible board and was able to run the Native USB interface?

Thank you

Good News,

Native USB on my custom designed Arduino DUE compatible board (based on ATSAM3X8E CPU) is now working!!
I just removed Z1 and Z2 varistors from the design and the Native USB started working and started to appear as "Bossa Program port"

Z1, and Z2 varistor had following part numbers:

Manufacturer Part Number: CG0603MLC-05E
Digikey Part Number: CG0603MLC-05ECT-ND
Datasheet: https://www.bourns.com/docs/Product-Datasheets/MLC.pdf

I am not sure why these varistors were causing Native USB to fail. But somehow removing them from board fixes the issue. Since my supplier in china had procured these varistors in china. It maybe that the actual part used was different than the one i specified.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back