Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

ISP for P89LPC922 , 89C51RD2BN chips

Status
Not open for further replies.

SSP

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
compare 89c51rd2bn with 89c51

How can i achieve ISP using P89LPC922 and 89C51RD2BN chips?
i do not want to use the rs232 interface to program the chip everytime.

isp chips

It seems impossible. ISP programming needs Serial Interfacing.

89c51rd2bn

but is it possible that i program the chip using serial interface and then disconnect it for the execution of the task?
i have designed an automatic vacuum cleaner.After i program the chip,it hasd to move around the room .so it is impossible to keep it connected to the PC.
The RS232 interface is connected to a programming dongle which triggers the chip,[laced on a test board.There are 5 signals going from the dongle to the test board:Vcc,Gnd,clock,serial data n reset.

is there a possible solution?can i design a switch or something which would activate the desired signals to trigger the test board?

isp chip

I don't understand your question. What do you mean by "triggering the test board"?

After an UART-ISP chip has been programmed, you can disconnect the serial connections. To enter the programming mode again, different chips use different methods, read the datasheet of your particular chip.

You can also roll out your own bootloader, which might then be independent on UART; nevertheless this is not an easy task for a novice.

The "dongle" you mention appears to me to be intended for some other type of microcontroller, with SPI-like ISP (such as the PICs, AVRs and AT89Sxxx series).

wek

PS. For '51 specific question better come to the 8052.com 's forum.

SSP

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
p89lpc922 isp program

You have to go in for stand alone programming.
For 89C51, whenever u want to program the chip, you make the PSEN (bar), pin as low. This is your PROGRAMMING MODE

Once u finish programming, you just have to make PSEN (bar) as open. It is internally pulled up. THis is your RUN MODE.

SSP

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.