Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

isolation voltage change from 1.5kv (dc) to 4kv (dc)

Status
Not open for further replies.

wei9321

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
dc to dc converter,isolation voltage change from 1.5kv (dc) to 4kv (dc)
what does we need to watch out for ?
thanks !!!

Dear wei
Hi
It is simple to do , but pretty dangerous ! . it depends on that how much current do you need ! . but it don't think your required current exceeds from some milliampere . right ? ( or perhaps 100 mA ) .
Is size of circuit important for you ?
If you tell me a bit more explanations i can help you as well .
Best Wishes
Goldsmith

dear goldsmith:
we want to modify a dc to dc converter isolation voltage from 1.5k vdc to 4k vdc,
the size of circuit is not importmant ,but the size of pcb can not change,
so far,I know the winding of transformer can not all use copper winding for primary and secondary
by the way,how to estimate the winding of transformer can be coiled into bobbin and after combine the core,
the core is no interstice (we do not to coil the winding really)
theanks !

Dear wei
Hi
It is simple to do , but pretty dangerous ! . it depends on that how much current do you need ! . but it don't think your required current exceeds from some milliampere . right ? ( or perhaps 100 mA ) .
Is size of circuit important for you ?
If you tell me a bit more explanations i can help you as well .
Best Wishes
Goldsmith

the transformer changes high voltage,so isolation between primary and secondary is very importance, I guess current of primary and secondary are not big, so you can use copper wire which can bear high voltage(e.g. QPN wire), it ensures wire and wire in a winding will not short,you can estimate coil dimension according to diameter of wire and turns and insulation tape, and estimate if coil can be combined the core, the coil is too fat to be assembly into core, when we design the transformer, we ofter calculate these dimensions and estimate if the coil is available.

- - - Updated - - -

the transformer changes high voltage,so isolation between primary and secondary is very importance, I guess current of primary and secondary are not big, so you can use copper wire which can bear high voltage(e.g. QPN wire), it ensures wire and wire in a winding will not short,you can estimate coil dimension according to diameter of wire and turns and insulation tape, and estimate if coil can be combined the core, the coil is too fat to be assembly into core, when we design the transformer, we ofter calculate these dimensions and estimate if the coil is available.

the converter output is 10V/2A

you can calculate turns according to voltage, and calculate diameter of wire according to current, if transformer is compliant with EN61558 or EN60950, and need creepage and clearance is 6.4mm min, you must select available bobbin, and use TIW for secondary winding, all depend on your requirement.

Status
Not open for further replies.