Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

isolated power sources for driving IPM

Status
Not open for further replies.

adnan_merter

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi all,

i am trying to build an inverter circuit to speed control of a 3 phase ac motor.(ACIM). I succeded to build and run my control and pwm generator section.

but unfortunately i cant say the same things for my power section, i couldnt make it work.

i decided to use ipm for my power section and i have one named 6MBP20RH060 by fuji electronic.

i am a little confused about the power sources for driving ipm. i got a schmatic from datasheet but there are four isolated 15v power supply. can i make that happen with one power supply?

here is the app. note from fuji:

**broken link removed**

and here is the schematic i have:

**broken link removed**

Yes you need to seperate power supplies. This is due to the nature of how you need to drive an IGBT. Please try to understand this before you make something (unless you like a lot of burned parts).

You can use separate small isolated DC/DC converters or bootstrap circuits. DC/DC converters wil make the drive sequences for your gates easier, especially for first tests of your system.

There is an M57140-01 IC which is IPM power supply. This IC supplies yo 4 differantial DC sources.

Status
Not open for further replies.