Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

isolated AC voltage measurment

Status
Not open for further replies.

Davood Amerion

Advanced Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
isolated ac voltage divider

How we can meaure AC voltage of 220V (3 phase) without use of transformer?
I want to make a project which measure voltage and phase sequence, for control purpose. and it must be isolated.
Any idea?

Thanks in advance.
Davood

voltage divider isolated

hi
i dont have a clear idea but i think that you should a kind of position sensors that is called the synchro which is a three phase transformer , search the web for more

best regards

If you don't want to use transformers, and I think three small 230V-5V (something like 1VA) transformers for a three-phase system are the cheapest solution, then you have to consider isolation amplifiers ..
For basics on iso-amplifiers try: **broken link removed**
The amplifiers you will be looking at are: AD202, AD210, .., ISO124 ( **broken link removed** ) , and so no ..
Other option would be to get an isolated optocoupler and design a linear amplifier by yourself, but I don't think it is worth the hassle ..
Whichever option you choose, you will need a voltage divider to lover the voltage from 230 (if you have three phase + Neutral configuration), or from 380/440 if you don't have neutral available ..
In both cases you can consider the use of capacitors, instead of resistors, to reduce the voltage; for example, 1µF at 50Hz represents impedance (resistance) of 3.18kΩ, but will not generate heat ..
Regards,
IanP

Davood Amerion said:
How we can meaure AC voltage of 220V (3 phase) without use of transformer?
I want to make a project which measure voltage and phase sequence, for control purpose. and it must be isolated.
Any idea?

Thanks in advance.
Davood

Is most easy use transformer if want isolated connection...

is not easy to bulid equivalent function with optical coupler etc. - interface need power from measure point or from separat transformer, using op-amp and more or less advanced feedback network for linearity etc. etc.

For voltage transform you can using small simple 220/9 Volt tranformer - current transformer is more tricky if not want break line for mounting... but I thinking principe of tongs current meter with opening magnetic current sensor...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back