Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

ISE 10.1 Error - recovering corrupted project

Status
Not open for further replies.

wd5gnr

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
ISE 10.1 Error

I've been using ISE 10.1 for awhile. The other day my system crashed and corrupted my project. So I made a new project and copied all the .v, .xco, .ucf files etc. When I go to set the Design Strategy (which used to work) I get an error message saying that PAR Overall Effort property can't be found. In addition, that setting in the dialog is grayed out (even on the Balanced/unlock) setting.

So I've tried deleting everything in my home directories for Xilinx, renaming /opt/Xilinx and reinstalling from my CD (this is Linux). But still this error persists. Worse still, I'm not making timing anymore since this has happened :-(

I did try putting -ol high on the "other options" part but I can't tell if that's working.

Any ideas?

Update: Ok, so if extra effort is set, that overrides the "overall effort" but that still doesn't explain the error message which I never used to get.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back